Long, long, long awaited Melbourne post; it is definitely a city which I would love to go back to.
1. First meal in Melbourne, we had really good, beef Pho at Chinatown
2. One of the best, Soy Chai I've had, so much so that my friend, Kim, is now a convert. If you're in Melbourne, do head down to The Journal @ 253 Flinders Lane
3. The start of a 5/6 hours drive to the Great Ocean Road, to see the 12, now 11, Apostles
4. The gorgeous view of the cotton clouds and the horizon, where the sky meets the ocean is something which I'd never forget;
5. A little rest stop at the Devil's Elbow; definitely cool to be able to chat with a burly Harley rider.
6. I think everyone in the car heaved a sigh of a relieve when we finally, saw the Apostles. Still, the view, is definitely worth it. (But would I do the road trip again? Probably not.)
7. What's better than a red velvet/salted caramel/carrot cake cupcakes? MINI-sized ones, apparently!
8. Inspirational quotes stuck on bright yellow potted plants, sitting side, by side, outside the cafe? This is a preview of what is to come inside the cafe. If you happen to be in the area, Manchester Press is definitely a great place to pop by and have a chat with your friends. Quirky interiors with an equally charming set of staff, what's to hate about this place? You can find them at: 8 Rankins Lane
9. But the walls along Hosier Lane are sprayed with graffiti and street art; Some of them are just artists' signatures, some have got political meanings; and some (which are my favourites), have got a deeper meaning to them.
Sprayed beneath a piece of work; it says,
Even though I appear ugly and misunderstood, I'm treasurable to those that allow me to hang aroundAnd my favourite,
When we get old, we'd know everything too
10. Our last day in Melbourne should end off with a hearty breakfast, of course, no less. Headed to one of my favourite haunts in the city, Degraves Street, to have a good meal of Smoked Salmon w/ Poached Eggs on Toast. The alley is lined with cafes serving good food and coffee, and as you can imagine, it is a fantastic place to people watch.
As you can imagine, Melbourne is a great place to take street style photography, and I have some, lined up for the next post! Won't be long, I promise! xx